Terms and conditions for Comm'tor service and application use.
"We" or "us" or "our" are used to describe the legal entity A.G.I. Teleconnect Services Ltd.
"Comm'tor" or "Comm'tor mobile application" is used to describe any and all software applications that run on mobile devices (phones and tablets) that were developed by A.G.I. Teleconnect Services Ltd. These services include the word "Comm'tor" in their name and are used to make phone calls through our telephony switches possibly along with other usage scenarios.
"Comm'tor suite" is used to describe any and all software applications that runs on mobile devices and\or web browsers on any operating system, and which was developed by A.G.I. Teleconnect Services Ltd. These services include the word "Comm'tor" in their name regardless of purpose.
"You" or "your" or "client" or "Comm'tor user" is used to describe the human user or legal entity using Comm'tor
"Call data" describes the phone number of the client along with the phone number the client is calling, the time of the call and the duration of that call if any
1. Grant of rights\Restriction of use.
- 1.1 You are granted the non-exclusive, non-transferrable, limited and restricted access to use Comm'tor to make free and paid phone calls and send free and paid SMS and other messages. You are restricted to calling only through our telephony switches situated in Cyprus.
- 1.2 Any reproduction of material from the Comm'tor suite of service is prohibited unless explicitly allowed by the current version of this License agreement.
- 1.3 You are granted the right to create printouts of the reports produced by Comm'tor suite of services.
- 1.4 Any tampering and\or reverse engineering of the Comm'tor suite of services is prohibited.
2. Access to services.
- 2.1 You are allowed to access the Comm'tor suite of services if and only if you have already registered with our service.
- 2.2 You are only allowed to access the Comm'tor suite of services only for activities that are legal to your Country of residence.
- 2.3 The Comm'tor suite of services includes services that are not free to use. You are not allowed access to any prepaid services without payment.
- 2.4 You do not hold any right on any files that you receive when downloading Comm'tor. Any alteration, examination or reverse engineering of any of these files is prohibited. You are only allowed to run the Comm'tor application through normal means only. You are allowed to run Comm'tor only on mobile devices and only using un-tampered operating systems.
- 3.1 A.G.I. Teleconnect Services Ltd. or any of its directors, employees and\or any other staff member cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from using Comm'tor.
- 3.2 If there is any breach of this License agreement we hold the right to stop providing any and all services to you.
- 3.3 We withhold the right to reject service to any person and\or stop providing service to a client.
- 3.4 We cannot be held responsible for any unintentional loss of your data described in section 5.
4. Payment and refund policy.
- 4.1 Payments can be done through JCC Payment Systems Ltd. or direct payment to our bank account. The maximum amount that can be paid for prepaid services is 400€ (EUR).
- 4.2 We offer no refunds under any circumstances. Any loss from any error originating from us will be reimbursed in the form of free services.
- 4.3 If you make any payment through JCC Payment Systems Ltd. a purchase with the name "www.teleconnect.com.cy" will appear in your bank statement.
5.1 Location data
- 5.1.1 In order to offer you the cheaper possible phone call service when using Comm'tor, we need to periodically collect your location data. From the location data we retrieve only the country, which is used to correctly route your call.
- 5.1.2 The country in which you are when you initiate a phone call is stored securely in our servers. These data are only stored when a client initiates a phone call when in roaming or when the web-connect feature is on.
- 5.1.3 Your location data are not shared with third party, physical or legal entity.
- 5.1.4 We may disclose your data to the Cyprus legal authorities when required through legal procedures.
5.2 Call data.
- 5.2.1 We store all call data. We require the call data for billing purposes.
- 5.2.2 We do not share any call data with any third party, physical or legal entity.
- 5.2.3 We may disclose call data to the Cyprus legal authorities when required through legal procedures.
- 5.3 By accepting this license agreement you allow us to use and store your call and location data as described above.
- 5.4 All transfer of data is done only through secure channels.
6. Cookies policy.
- 6.2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
6.3 About cookies
- 6.3.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 6.3.2 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 6.3.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- 6.3.4 Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
6.4 Our cookies
- 6.4.1 We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- 6.4.2 The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below: (a) We use www.commtor.com to validate authenticated users sessions.
6.5 Blocking cookies
- 6.5.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example: (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced"; (b) in Firefox (version 44) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and (c) in Chrome (version 48), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- 6.5.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- 6.5.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
6.6 Deleting cookies
- 6.6.1 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example: (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11); (b) in Firefox (version 44), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and (c) in Chrome (version 48), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
- 6.6.2 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
6.7 Cookie preferences
6.8 Our details
- 6.8.1 This website is owned and operated by eUmbrella Corporation (CY) Ltd.
- 6.8.2 We are registered in Cyprus under registration number 329324, and our registered office is at 228 Archiepiskopou Makariou III Avenue, Agios Pavlos Court, Block B, Floor 4, Flat 411-412, 3030, Limassol, Cyprus.
- 6.8.3 Our principal place of business is at Larnacos 61A, 2101 Aglantzia, Nicosia, Cyprus, P.O.Box: 14179, 2154 Aglantzia, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- 6.8.4 You can contact us: (a) By post, using the postal address given above. (b) Using our website contact form under Info tab -> Contact Us. (c) By telephone, on the contact number published on our website from 8:00 to 17:00.